Monday, March 8, 2010

An object in motion

(photo credit: http://weburbanist.com)


I stagnate lately, in fact my increasing weight can attest to that.

A good friend asks me why is it in spite my cool countenance my temper ignites easily?
Ironical isn’t it?

Patience..? I have lots…but I am no meek when a particular situation calls a rational approach. Yes, I admit my temper easily ignites whenever I come across jerks. Who wouldn’t be? If I do not have patience, then I’d always opt to physical fight.

Case no. 1—it was Friday, we were in a hyper mall, after buying foodstuffs from its grocery section we planned out to dine in one of the restaurants in the mall. Before doing so, we decided first to load the foodstuffs in the car which was in the parking area. My car was parked just a stone’s throw away from the main access of the mall, and even the security guard saw us rushing towards my car. After we dumped the foodstuffs, we headed back to the mall only to be informed by the same security guard that only families are allowed to enter, and since I was with a male friend we couldn’t enter the mall and dine. Stupid right? The situation pissed me very much and resulted to a heated argument with the security guard. I told him how on earth the other security guards did not inform us while in the grocery section (there were at least 2 guards spotted us), and even allowed us to enter the mall an hour back? He yelled back to follow his’ order, and leave at once!? But before doing so I argued the confusing policy of the mall, and swore not to set foot ever again in that mall.

Case no. 2—when you are driving expects once in a while to meet rogue drivers in the road. Driving in this part of the world is both a challenge and survival. Your typical day in the road comprises of being tail-gaited, cutting your way, and don’t be surprised to witness gross and deliberate traffic violations such as car racing of locals in the main thoroughfares, beating the red traffic light, obstructing left/right turns, swerving, unnecessary blowing of horns, using cell phone while in the wheel, stopping anytime without giving a signal light, etc. So, given two or three encounters of driving situations I enumerated while you are in the road, do you think you will remain composed? I bet, you would always end up cursing the reckless driver, either by saying FU_K or go to HELL!

I remain calmed at all times. You want a proof..? 


I learned somewhere that the real test of temper when your wife nags at you (it applies to married men), if your temper gives in, you will end up hurting your wife. You see, whenever my wife nags or throwing petty tantrums, I am always a giver. It’s hard though, but I think my wife is just simply needs my attention heheheh.

Well, each of us has each own limits. Our limits differ in a given situation, as in the case of how much patience you bear, or temper you can manage? The spontaneous flow of nature hampers when an alien force alters it, Newton’s first law says, “an object in motion tends to stay in motion until acted upon by an outside force.” Just like anyone’s temper, it ignites when ones calmness jeopardized by undesirable situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment