Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Swimming in the vastness of a narrow bowl

 
(photo credit: Bro. Noly N. Berjuega, my cousin, who is a seminarian based in Ramsey, N.J. and an aspiring photographer)

The celebration of freedom manifests by the bird above.

And yet freedom is not absolute.

At times I swam in the vastness of a narrow bowl, ahhh...the uncertainties of daily survival is enough for me to cling stronger with my FAITH.

The stark reality on the complexities of life fails me to understand that the world would never be in order. Spontaneity is a rarity or simply one's rant of things that are too complicated to work out. Frightening thoughts of what if's, what if's, what if's...strike my inner self. It's more of a torture and numbs my fragile body, good I am impassive to pains. Fear is the silent anesthetic that weakens my spine, and paralyzes my senses.

Why peace of mind is elusive? Is it because the heart is full of deceit and beyond cure?

Why we tend to feel alone, despite a life full of love? Is it because we demand so much? Is  enriching our spiritual lives can fill the vacuum of emptiness alone?

Happiness can't be measured of contentment. Satisfaction is very much objective. You may be contented but not happy nor satisfied; you always crave and want more...

Pain, fear, peace, loneliness, happiness, love--mold our inner selves. Just don't let envy or jealousy, bitterness and hatred take over your existence, it will be your losing end. Never be blinded of what are lies. Advocate to what is just and fair.

Always have a rational judgment. Madness is real; happiness doesn't last long.

Existence is a game of survival regardless who you are, only a few or the fittest finishes the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment